Applications for gazebos that breach the setback requirements as stated in the Restrictive Covenants (normally 20’ to the front and rear of the property and 5’ from the sides) will be considered provided that the gazebo:
- is on the canal side of the property, save for non-waterfront properties;
- is at least 10’ (including the roof eaves) from the front/rear of the property;
- is of an open design i.e. no walls, only pillars/posts to support the roof structure;
- does not exceed 14’ x 14’ or 25% of the width of the property (whichever the lower), and
- is screened with vegetation that conceals the structure.
Applications that fall outside of the Architectural Guidelines but meet the above criteria will require approval by the Board therefore applicants should formalise a request for a special dispensation when making the submission.