The Association takes reasonable steps to protect against the infestation of pests such as rats and mosquitoes in the common areas. Residents can also take precautions to reduce the presence of rats and other pests:
A Rat Reduction Plan
- Move compost into rodent-resistant containers with tight-fitting lids.
- Store seed and pet food in rodent-proof containers.
- Remove fallen fruit or nuts.
- Remove all fecal matter (dogs, cats, rodents, birds) and/or food waste every day.
- Eliminate standing water and improve drainage, so water doesn’t pool or settle.
- Remove clutter from storage sheds and garages.
- Cut grass or weeds and trim back plants around buildings and walls.
See this article for help reducing the presence of mosquitoes.
Please let us know if you observe pest control issues on common property.