The Association will arrange fogging periodically during the months of mosquito (and sandfly) activity. A notice will normally be sent by email to advise when fogging is about to take place so that residents can take the necessary precautions. To minimise the impact on the community, the work is normally performed around midnight.
When notified, please observe the following guidelines:
- No persons and/or animals are to be outside during the fogging procedure treatment time.
- Close windows and doors during the fogging exercise and for 45 minutes after completion.
- Place all pet feeding/watering bowls indoors.
- Discard any containers that could possibly hold water or invert them to prevent them becoming an active breeding site for mosquitos.
- If it is necessary for people or pets to go outside, wait for 45 minutes after completion. Note this is especially important for children, pregnant women and asthmatics.
- The above measures are precautionary as the treatment does not leave a significant residue.
There is always a possibility of last minute changes due to weather conditions. We will notify you in advance, if possible, of any changes.